Reading List: Week 8
- Course Material
Read the following units
- Read the B-spline pages up to to knot insertion.
- Programming Material
Practice the Curve subsystem of DesignMentor
- How to create a B-spline curve?
- How to move control points to change the shape of a
- Use the Partition of Unity window to learn more about
B-spline basis functions.
- How to activate de Boor's algorithm to display
all intermediate steps?
- How to modify control points on the plane and into
space? The new system has a window which contains
three smaller windows, one for changing the coordinate
values in the xy-, xz- and yz- planes.
- Create a Bézier or B-spline curve with not all
control points on a plane. Then, activate the moving
triad, curvature sphere, and the roller-coaster window.
Trace this curve and get a feeling of moving on a curve.
- Study the solutions to the midterm, especially the
solution to the winged-edge data structure problem
and the continuity problem.